Intro to Lino Block Printing – Linen Cushion Workshop with Albert Harvey
Sat March 16 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMT| £100.00
On this day course you will work with Albert Harvey, a print maker and textile designer from Oxfordshire, to firstly design your very own bespoke Lino print block, carve it and then use it to print your linen cushion fabric. Albert will then take away the resulting fabric to make it into an expertly finished and piped cushion which will be then posted to you.
- The day will start with a quick introduction to lino print and block print.
- You will then go on to draw your own bespoke design, please bring inspiration with you! Albert will also bring some ideas and items to inspire and help you on your way.
- Albert will then demonstrate how to carve your Lino, before you go ahead yourselves. Plenty of opportunity for 1:1 tuition.
- The next step will be to mix your bespoke colour using pigments and mixing them into a binder.
- Then we move onto the best part, printing your fabric! The fabrics will be taken away by Albert who will expertly finish and pipe the cushions before posting back to you.
- You will then have your very own cushion and your own bespoke Lino block that you can use (along with the learning from the workshop) to create further pieces in the same design.
Everything you need will be supplied, but please remember to bring inspiration for your own design. An image, foliage or a plant. Any style is welcome whether abstract, geometric flora or fauna!
Albert Harvey is a printmaker and textile designer who studied at the Bath School or Art and Design where he developed a passion for the ancient art of block printing. A restrained colour palette combined with his naturalistic designs, printed on 100% natural linen give Albert Harvey’s textiles a timeless, contemporary feel.
£100 per person (up to 13 places)
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
We have gone paperless!
You don’t need to print and bring your tickets.
Simply give your surname at the door and we will tick you off our guest list.