Acrylic Botanicals Workshop with Artist in Residence Claire Watson
Sun April 7, 2024 @ 10:30 am - 4:30 pm BST
Join our new Artist in Residence, Claire Watson, for a 1 day workshop painting botanicals in acrylics.
During this workshop you will be guided through colour value and colour theory. You will explore observational drawing using the negative space as a tool. Claire will demonstrate ways to loosen up your painting approach, focusing on the simple forms/shapes and colour values using ‘simple’ plants as our inspiration. The premise of this workshop is to provide you with knowledge and practice to move forward in a simplified loose approach.
This workshop is ideal for beginners and the experienced looking to lose the detail and loosen up!
This event will be taking place in the new Willersey Village Hall, which is wonderfully bright and fully accessible and benefits from ample free parking right outside. Willersey is a neighbouring picturesque Cotswolds village to Broadway (a 5 minute drive).
Tickets £75 (15 places)
Materials to bring
- Acrylic paints, a mixture of colours – be sure to bring burnt umber, yellow ochre, black, white, raw umber, ultramarine, phthalo blue, lemon yellow, grass green, cadmium red,
- Series of brushes round size 6, 8 and 12 and flat size 12 and 20 but please bring a good selection
- Acrylic flow improver medium
- Water pot and cloth to clean brushes
- A board to work on and masking tape to stick your paper down
- A plant to use as your subject matter, the plant shouldn’t be too complex, choose something without flowers maybe best or a simple flower such as a Peace Lily.
Claire will bring primed paper and card for you to work on. If you would rather work on a canvas or board, please bring your own.
Workshop Leader & Festival Artist in Residence: Claire Watson
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
We have gone paperless!
You don’t need to print and bring your tickets.
Simply give your surname at the door and we will tick you off our guest list.