En Plein Air at Broadway Tower: Broadway Views in Oil with Georgina Potter
Tue June 13 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm BST| £80.00
This one day workshop will focus on teaching how to paint ‘en plein air’ in oils at the iconic Broadway Tower with artist Georgina Potter.
Georgina works very quickly making large, expressive and loose marks, creating an energetic painting. Georgina will share her techniques and approach to oil painting. The day will consist of a demonstration by Georgina and opportunities to work individually, with guidance.
Georgina Potter is an observational British artist primarily renowned for her ability to record the weather and its resulting impact on life, documenting what she sees in a lively expressive manner.
She has exhibited at many shows such as The Royal Institute of Oil Painters, ING Discerning Eye and The Royal Society of Marine Artists and has won prizes for her work.
Tickets £80 (13 available)
Tickets go on sale through the website at 10am on 11th March, and 1 week earlier (4th March) for Benefactors of the festival who qualify for Priority Booking.
You can become a Benefactor for as little as £50 and support our Outreach Projects in doing so, applications are now open.
– Cheap and cheerful board/panels (no bigger than 30cm x 30cm) preferably primed in a very loose wash of Burnt sienna. It is REALLY important that everyone pre primes their boards! Preferably 3 panels.
– Oil Paints
- 1 black – lamp black or ivory black
- 2 blues of following choices – Cerulean, cobalt, ultramarine, kings blue deep.
- 2 reds – Cadmium and alizarin crimson or alternative to both.
- 2 yellows – yellow ochre or naples yellow and cadmium yellow or cadmium yellow light
- Turquoise – any type
- Titanium white
Brushes – whatever you have but definitely for oil painting (not watercolour brushes). Good also to have two flat headed brushes such as Pro Arte Hog brush long flat Series A.
Thinner – Georgina uses Zest It, but people are welcome to use Turpentine or White spirit. Make sure you have a separate small jar or pot for painting so you don’t have to use the brush cleaner jar.
Guests also need to bring:
- Pochade box or easel/palette set up and tripod
- If you prefer to sit whilst painting or want somewhere to sit back- bring a stool or light-weight camping chair
- 1 pack of baby wipes
- 1 kitchen roll
- 1 plastic bag for rubbish
Artist Georgina Potter:
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
We have gone paperless!
You don’t need to print and bring your tickets.
Simply give your surname at the door and we will tick you off our guest list.