The 2022 Open Art Competition & Selling Exhibition
Our annual open art competition is open to any artist, in any medium including painting, sculpture, drawing, textiles, ceramics & printmaking.
View the Competition Prize Winners & Highly Commended
- Main prize £1000 (any medium) sponsored by Wychavon District Council
- Painting in Oils or Acrylics Prize £500 sponsored by Priory Gallery
- Watercolour Prize £500 sponsored by John Noott Galleries
- Sculpture / 3D Prize £500 sponsored by Broadway Tower
- Local Artist Prize of a 2 week exhibition sponsored by EFA Gallery in Solihull*
- Visitor’s Choice Prize £500 sponsored by Broadway Museum & Art Gallery
We have a panel of esteemed judges, including category judges from the sponsors. Find out more about our 2022 judges
Artists’ work that is selected for the final judging stage will form an exclusive selling exhibition at Broadway Museum & Art Gallery on the High Street in Broadway from 21st – 30th October 2022, open daily from 10am – 4:30pm. Entry to the exhibition (and museum) is free. This beautiful Broadway landmark is in prime position in the village. The exhibition will be displayed over 2 floors of professional gallery space in this stunning 17th Century former coaching inn.
- There was no theme to adhere to
- Anyone over the age of 16 could enter
- All entries qualified for the main prize (any medium)
- Unlimited entries were permitted, however only one entry per artist can progress to the finals and exhibition (to increase the number of artists represented in the exhibition).
- You could submit multiple entries for the same prize category
- The maximum size for all indoor artwork was 1 metre x 1 metre (to include any frame)
- To qualify for the Local Artist prize you must reside in Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire or the West Midlands.
- The title and price of your entry cannot be altered once the entry has been submitted.
- As 30% of the sale price of sold work will go to defray the costs of curating the competition and supporting the charitable work of the Broadway Arts Festival, please price your work accordingly. (Note this has been reduced from 35% in 2021).
*Prize for Best Entry from a Local Artist: Amy McLelland and EFA Gallery are proud to sponsor the prize for ‘Best Entry from a Local Artist’ with the prize of two weeks of coveted exhibition space. The winning artist will have several pieces listed for sale online, social media marketing campaigns carried out to promote their work, and most importantly, specially curated display space on the gallery walls for up to two weeks. To qualify for this prize, artists must reside in Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire or the West Midlands.
- All work to be insured by the entrant
- All work should be submitted ready to hang with a wire/string/hanging on the back (no mirror plates please) or with a plinth
- Each work should be clearly labelled with name, title, medium and price on the back or underneath.