Our annual open art competition is open to any artist, in any medium including painting, sculpture, drawing, textiles, ceramics & printmaking.
We have new prize categories, prizes, sponsors and judges in 2022.
We have a panel of esteemed judges, including category judges from the sponsors. Find out more about our 2022 judges
Artists’ work that is selected for the final judging stage will form an exclusive selling exhibition at Broadway Museum & Art Gallery on the High Street in Broadway from 21st – 30th October 2022, open daily from 10am – 4:30pm. Entry to the exhibition (and museum) is free. This beautiful Broadway landmark is in prime position in the village, with very good passing foot traffic. The exhibition will be displayed over 2 floors of professional gallery space in this stunning 17th Century former coaching inn.
The main entry deadline is 8pm 9th September 2022.
Late entry deadline 8pm 16th September 2022. We understand some of you need a little extra time!
We have a new online entry process this year (click the button below). All entries must be received through the website. We no longer accept entries by email or post.
- There is no theme to adhere to
- Anyone over the age of 16 can enter
- Entry fees are £18 for the first piece entered and £14 for subsequent entries. Late entries received the week after the main deadline will incur an entry fee of £25 per piece.
- All entries qualify for the main prize (any medium)
- Unlimited entries permitted, however only one entry per artist can progress to the finals and exhibition (to increase the number of artists represented in the exhibition).
- You can submit multiple entries for the same prize category
- The maximum size for all indoor artwork is 1 metre x 1 metre (to include any frame)
- To qualify for the Local Artist prize you must reside in Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire or the West Midlands.
- The title and price of your entry cannot be altered once the entry has been submitted.
- As 30% of the sale price of sold work will go to defray the costs of curating the competition and supporting the charitable work of the Broadway Arts Festival, please price your work accordingly. (Note this has been reduced from 35% in 2021).
*Prize for Best Entry from a Local Artist: Amy McLelland and Eaton Fine Art are proud to sponsor the prize for ‘Best Entry from a Local Artist’ with the prize of two weeks of coveted exhibition space inside their two-floor popular high street gallery in Solihull. The winning artist will have several pieces listed for sale online, social media marketing campaigns carried out to promote their work, and most importantly, specially curated display space on the gallery walls for up to two weeks. To qualify for this prize, artists must reside in Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire or the West Midlands.
Please note there will be a separate photography competition coming up in 2023, so please hold onto any photography entries for now and submit next year instead.
The preliminary judging by panel will be via electronic images, so to maximise your chance of selection please submit as good an image as possible on your online entry form.
Entrants will be notified via email on the morning of 23rd September whether their pieces have made it through to the final 150 and the exclusive selling exhibition.
Prize winners will be announced on Friday 21st October as the exhibition opens.
For the 150 finalists that make it through to the exhibition, handing in will take place at Broadway Museum & Art Gallery, 75 High Street (WR12 7DP) on Tuesday 18th October from 10am-12:30pm and 1:30 – 4pm.
There will be an exclusive Private View of the exhibition for prizewinners, festival VIPs, judges, Benefactors and sponsors on the opening evening of Friday 21st October at 5-7pm.
Handing back days for unsold pieces will be Sunday 30th October 4:30-5:30pm and Monday 31st October 10am-1:30pm.
£18 first entry
£14 for subsequent entries
£25 late entry
For those pieces that make it through to the finalist exhibition:
- All work to be insured by the entrant
- All work should be submitted ready to hang with a wire/string/hanging on the back (no mirror plates please) or with a plinth
- Each work should be clearly labelled with name, title, medium and price on the back or underneath.