Main Prize Winner 2021
“Eerie silence, February 2021” by Jane Overbury
Our “all new” open art competition was open to any artist, in any medium including painting, photography, sculpture, drawing, ceramics, textiles, printmaking and film… with new categories, new prizes, new sponsors, new judges and a new exhibition venue.
- Main prize £1000 (any medium) sponsored by Wychavon District Council
- Painting in Oils Prize £500 sponsored by Trinity House Gallery
- Watercolour Prize £500 sponsored by John Noott Galleries
- Sculpture Prize £500 sponsored by Priory Gallery
- Prize for best entry from a recent Fine Arts graduate £500 sponsored by The Stratford Gallery
- Photography Categories sponsored by the Peter Martin Gallery
- Best Photographic Essay – “Surviving Isolation in the Year of Covid” (between 5 and 8 images to be submitted) £500
- Best Photographic Portrait – “The Face of 2020” £250
- Best Photographic Image – “How 2020 Impacted my Life” £250
We have a new panel of esteemed judges, including category judges from the sponsoring galleries. Find out more about our 2021 judges
Artists’ work selected for the final judging stage will be exhibited in an exclusive selling exhibition during the Broadway Arts Festival from 4 -13 June 2021, which will be open daily from 12 noon-4pm, with no need to book (free entrance).
For the 200 finalists that have been notified they have it through to the exhibition, the handing in dates are Thursday 27th May or Saturday 29th May. Handing in will take place at the exhibition venue, Theatrebarn Bretforton (use GoogleMaps “Theatrebarn”)
The open art competition selling exhibition will be hosted at Theatrebarn
in 2021 in the beautiful, light buildings surrounding the garden courtyard, open daily from Friday 4th – Sunday 13th June. 35% of the sale price of sold work will go to defray the costs of curating the competition and supporting the charitable work of the Broadway Arts Festival.
There will be an exclusive Private View of the exhibition for festival VIPs, judges, Benefactors and sponsors. Prize winners are invited to the private view which includes a photo opportunity.
Handing back days for unsold pieces are on the afternoons of Sunday 13th June and Monday 14th June from 12 noon to 4pm.