(Shoreline, Gairloch by Jane Lampard)
Our “all new” open art competition is open to any artist in any country, in any medium including painting, photography, sculpture, drawing, ceramics, printmaking and film.
We have new categories, new prizes, new sponsors, new judges and a new exhibition venue!
Artists’ work that is selected for the final judging stage will be exhibited in an exclusive selling exhibition during the Broadway Arts Festival from 4 -13 June 2021.
- Main prize £1000 (any medium) sponsored by Wychavon District Council
- Painting in Oils Prize £500 sponsored by Trinity House Gallery
- Watercolour Prize £500 sponsored by John Noott Galleries
- Sculpture Prize £500 sponsored by Priory Gallery
- Prize for best entry from a recent Fine Arts graduate £500 sponsored by The Stratford Gallery
- Photography Categories sponsored by the Peter Martin Gallery
- Best Photographic Essay – “Surviving Isolation in the Year of Covid” (between 5 and 8 images to be submitted) £500
- Best Photographic Portrait – “The Face of 2020” £250
- Best Photographic Image – “How 2020 Impacted my Life” £250
We have a new panel of esteemed judges, including category judges from the sponsoring galleries. Find out more about our 2021 judges
Please note: There is no theme this year (apart from the photographic categories)
Up to three entries per artist permitted (over 18s only) – only 1 piece to have side dimensions over 1 metre. The preliminary judging will be via electronic images. We require one titled image per piece entered (and up to 8 images for the photo essay entry), either as a jpeg sent via email or a photograph (matt finish) posted with the completed entry form. To maximise your chance of selection please send as good an image as possible.
Prize for best entry from a recent Fine Arts graduate: Please note you will need to have graduated in the last 3 years and be required to provide proof should your entry make it into the final 200.
Photography Prizes: Please read all the additional information relating to the photographic prizes before submitting your entries.
Please email your completed entry form and images to Kate Chapman at email@example.com – Entry deadline is Friday 23rd April 2021
For the 200 filnalists that make it through to the exhibition, the handing in dates will be Thursday 27th May or Saturday 29th May and you will be given a choice of time slots to book in advance nearer the time.
Handing in will take place at the exhibition venue, Theatrebarn Bretforton (postcode WR11 7JH).
The open art competition selling exhibition will be hosted at Theatrebarn
in 2021 in the beautiful, light buildings surrounding the garden courtyard, open daily from Friday 4th – Sunday 13th June (free entry and no need to book). Outdoor sculpture will be displayed in the lawned garden courtyard.
There will be an exclusive Private View of the exhibition for festival VIPs, judges, Benefactors and sponsors on the opening evening of Friday 4th June.