The Great Broadway Paint-Off 2022
Sun May 29, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm BST| £10.00
Your chance to draw or paint our beautiful Cotswolds village for the day and be in with a chance of winning great prizes along with other artists from across the UK!
This is a very popular event that attracts both professional and amateur artists. An amateur won in 2020!
Many thanks to our prize sponsors, without which we could not run this event:
Judges in 2022 will be artists Penny German ARBSA (regular contributor to The Artist magazine) and Nick Logan, Festival Artist in Residence, who will walk the village to give our artists feedback and tips during the day.
- Buy your ticket through the website in advance (£10)
- Turn up with your blank canvas and your kit at the gazebo on the village green in the time slot you selected to check in and get your canvas stamped & numbered on the reverse
- Spend the day creating your masterpiece at your chosen location in or around the village (you can paint up at the tower too!)
- Get your work of art back to The Lifford Hall in Broadway anytime from 2pm but by 15:30 at the very latest. If you have used an easel, please leave it on your easel for display in the exhibition.
- If you would like to sell your work, tell us the price when you hand it back in.
- The entries will then form a selling exhibition and judged. Prize-winners will see a rosette on their piece when the exhibition opens at 4pm.
- The selling exhibition is then open to the public for all to enjoy from 16:00 – 17:00.
- Only artwork started and completed on the day will qualify and entrants must be 16yrs +
- Artwork can be in any medium & any size however we cannot accept photography or iPad art as a medium for a number of reasons.
This event will go ahead despite poor weather (no refunds) – so please dress appropriately!
We are running other creative workshops for novices and guided heritage tours on the day for friends and family members who may want to come along and support their paint-off entrant!
See our 2022 events listing.
There are 75 tickets available for this event (£10) – need to be purchased in advance
Participants will need to bring their own paper, canvas and art supplies. These will not be provided.
Join in and get creative!
You will have a choice of registration slot at our gazebo on the village green:
Early Birds: 8:30-9:30am
Still Keen: 9:30-10:30am
Broadway Arts Festival accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or injury during the day.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
We have gone paperless!
You don’t need to print and bring your tickets.
Simply give your surname at the door and we will tick you off our guest list.